continental 40 Forum Index

FAQSearchRegisterLog in

Resource city - Alternate (Better) layout.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    continental 40 Forum Index -> Public House -> Tips -> Ressources & Military
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Syldaria
Officer
Officer

Masculin Balance (23sep-22oct)

PostPosted: Thu 8 Jul - 01:54 (2010)    Post subject: Resource city - Alternate (Better) layout. Reply with quote

Here's a layout for a city plan I'm using for resources. The one in the previous post is excellent but it has a few faults which this plan overcomes.

Firstly, this one has 4200% build speed (vs 3800%) which is essential for rebuilding fast - especially if you want to switch the resource city into a different or multi resource type.

Secondly it has marginally more output. (71700 p/h vs 70901)

If you're wanting to make it a multi-resource city all you have to do, is change the sawmill to a foundry, mill or stonemason and the surrounding 6 resource buildings into the matching resource building type as the foundry, mill or stonemason that you chose.

Here's a screencap.

So...

How do you build this quickly?

In my opinion, build the warehouses to 4-5 levels and then build all cottages - make most of them level 6 and then do 5-10 to level 8.

Then work on building the resource buildings in groups of 6 and the multiplier building. I usually bite the bullet and max the townhall as soon as i have 1500% buildspeed but that's up to you - bear in mind building all the cottages won't be possible without some townhall upgrades.

Upgrade the cottages when you have one spare queue slot.

Easy money!

57360 of Atercordis' Troops killed.

Visit poster’s website
Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 8 Jul - 01:54 (2010)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Drakenghard
Administrator
Administrator

Masculin Taureau (20avr-20mai) 虎 Tigre

PostPosted: Thu 8 Jul - 18:48 (2010)    Post subject: Resource city - Alternate (Better) layout. Reply with quote

Good work Syld i will try for my next city, i just started one like the other model.

We need more tips guys, if some Hi ranked players of our alliance could post here to help newbies plz

Per aspera ad astra

Visit poster’s website
Caliand
Apprentice
Apprentice

Masculin Scorpion (23oct-21nov)

PostPosted: Thu 8 Jul - 19:42 (2010)    Post subject: Resource city - Alternate (Better) layout. Reply with quote

A simple improvement would be to move the warehouses so they are touching the sawmill that has spare slots next to it. Extra wood storage.

If it were me, I would have a second marketplace as well (because I tend to shift out a lot of resources in one go when I have spare time). A single one would work for people who have more time to make smaller trips though.

Visit poster’s website
Transfloat
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Masculin

PostPosted: Thu 15 Jul - 09:49 (2010)    Post subject: Resource city - Alternate (Better) layout. Reply with quote

Below is a the heart of a ballanced resource city along similar lines to what is described above

Transfloat
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Masculin

PostPosted: Thu 15 Jul - 10:04 (2010)    Post subject: Resource city - Alternate (Better) layout. Reply with quote

Outputs for the above ballanced city is shown below

The over all city layout is shown below - not the existing lakes and clearing to grassland  for the stratigic placement of Farms  - their output per building matches the that of the other supported resource buildings

Hope this is usefull - Please note I just got this city virtually as is - not my design  - but I would have been proud to come up with this ballanced design - maybe I will do a bit more storage and transport as I am spread all over the place - so this is important to me.

City layout is so very important in getting good value for effort - output can be 50 % or more up on a poor layout

regards
Transfloat

WimanX
Officer
Officer

PostPosted: Thu 15 Jul - 10:26 (2010)    Post subject: Resource city - Alternate (Better) layout. Reply with quote

I agree with the layout, but i do an twist on it
Always want storage close to both a stonemason and sawmill

why ?
Because if i produce 16k/hr but reach my storage limit, all else is wasted
1 sawmill/stonemason close to storage gives 600k storage, where an normal storage gives 200k, so instead of 4-5 storage i only need 2-3 of them

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 16:13 (2018)    Post subject: Resource city - Alternate (Better) layout.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    continental 40 Forum Index -> Public House -> Tips -> Ressources & Military All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template Lord Of Ultima created by Drakenghard