Joined: 26 Jun 2010
|Posted: Thu 1 Jul - 20:47 (2010) Post subject: Forum Rules
In general, you are welcome to post any questions, comments, opinions and ideas you have provided they are written in a courteous and mature manner. We do ask that you please take a few moments to make sure you select an appropriate forum or section for your subject first. This includes any thoughts or opinions you might have that disagrees with the way that we, as the forum owners, conduct, develop and run the forum and site. We will not interfere with any communication of thoughts/ideas so long as the presentation is constructive and appropriate.You may NOT post or place in a post or signature any of the following:* Consists of name-calling, harassment, or threats.* Attacks or insults others members of the community. Of course, you should feel free to debate ideas and concepts, but do not turn your disagreements into an attack upon the poster or any person or group.
* Remarks, comments or materials that are considered disparaging or abusive of any religion, race, nation, gender, or sexual orientation will not be tolerated.
* Remarks, comments or materials contains excessive (excessive is at the discretion of admin/mod team) obscenity, vulgarity, or is sexually explicit are not permitted. A little language isn't a problem, but don't get carried away. NO PROFANITY IN USER NAMES, TITLES OR THREAD TITLES!
* Any materials considered inappropriate for children 13 or over as governed by general standards of decency in the United States of America are prohibited.
* Any content that infringes upon anyone's rights to privacy.
* Advertisments, refferal links or links to other forums/sites/products/services are subject to whim of admin. (Generally affiliate links and links to other forums are not allowed - unless you ask.)
* Content that is off-topic for the forum. However, community members should be aware and understand that the Rules of Conduct will still be enforced.
Additionally, the following will not be allowed:
* Make duplicated or multiple posts on the same subject with the intention of getting more attention paid to your issue.
* "Bump" or “/sign” threads.
* Cross-posting the same topic to multiple forums or the same message to multiple threads is also not allowed.
* Making replies to posts that are irrelevant to the original topic, such as: "first," or “in before lock”
* Posting topics addressed directly to another community member is not allowed. This forum has a private messaging system for exclusive and/or direct conversations between two players. If you want to contact someone directly, use the private messaging system.
* Do not Troll the forum or post "Flame Bait." "Trolling" and "Flame Baiting" is posting with the sole intent of stirring up trouble or inciting disruption. For example, posting to a thread without the intent of providing constructive suggestions or comments and instead making disruptive comments.
* It is not acceptable to use this forum to debate private issues. If you have an issue with other players or groups, deal with it outside of the forum.
All of these rules apply to the forums as well as to the private message system.
Please note that these rules also apply for communication with any Moderator. This includes emails.
Actions that may be taken in regard to violations of the rules on this forum, will vary depending on each incident. Disciplinary actions may include any of the following:
* Editing of a post or signature.
* Removal of the ability to have a signature, avatar, image and/or link posting privileges.
* Removal of the post/thread.
* Closing or locking of a thread.
* Suspension - which will result in the user being unable to access this forum for the duration of the suspension. The duration of any suspension is at the discretion of the admin team. Subsequent warnings after a suspension can result in permanent banning from the site.
* Banning - in which the user's forum privileges are permanently revoked.
Members in violation of forum rules may or may not receive warning before action is taken. In the event that a warning is given, the warning will be recorded and may result in further action should the member display a pattern of engaging in prohibited conduct.